What I do
breathe life into business-bland copy
make complex subjects clear and compelling
deliver quality products on time and on budget
Get clear, concise, compelling copy delivered to your desk when you need it.
Treat your text to a make-over that gets your business the attention it deserves.
Gain focus and structure with an actionable editorial plan custom-fit to your needs.
Make sure your online brand is working for you, not costing you business.
Count on me for topnotch revision of English text written by native French speakers.
Top 3 reasons
I am a copywriter-editor-strategist
Every mandate comes with individual challenges and requirements. In a single day, I draw on different skill sets. The variety keeps me sharp and motivates me in my work for clients.
By listening to my clients, I learn a lot about their needs and their businesses. This knowledge helps me ask right questions. I save them time and deliver greater value.
But here is the main reason.
Most satisfying for me? Being the go-to resource for these busy professionals. They trust me to take on what they need done with ease. Having been in their role, I know what that means.
Our working relationship has extended over several mandates at different companies. Alison always delivers a quality product on time and on budget. I truly appreciate her precision and attention to detail.Julie Masse
Let's talk about your new project.
Drop me a line anytime to discuss your needs.
A brief introduction
Operating as Communications Nemesis Inc., I am proud to carry forward the communications firm founded by Luc Desaulniers in 1986, and whose clients have included the Canadian Olympic Committee, Pricewatershousecoopers, Quebecor, RodeoFX, and the World Anti-Doping Agency.
2017 marks my eighth year as a freelance consultant specializing in writing, editing, editorial strategy, and brand-makeovers.
This unique, powerful expertise provides my clients with a convenient ‘one-stop creative shop.’
Learn more about why we should work together.
Frequently asked questions
Do you charge hourly rates or provide project estimates?
Both. Depending on the project, I usually use an hourly rate for small, straight-forward mandates (under 5 hours) and use a blended rate for projects over 5 hours as these often require a combination of services.
After I contact you, what are the next steps?
- The Contact page includes a form with an area to provide high-level details on your request.
- Once I review your request, I will send you a Project Brief document including the info you sent, along with additional questions for a deeper dive. My response time is between 24 to 48 hours.
- The more complete the brief, the quicker the turnaround on my estimate. If something is unclear, I will e-mail you to ensure minimal delay.
- Once a client accepts my estimate, I require a 50% deposit be made, with the balance due on project completion.
- We then determine a date and time for a ‘project launch’ call.
- Next steps depend on the nature of the project.
- At project conclusion, I send the clients a short form for feedback and a testimonial.
What if I need other services, like photography or graphic design?
Great question! I maintain a network of professionals with expertise in a wide variety of areas, including:
- brand and reputation management
- graphic design
- public relations
- revision/translation (English<-> French)
- stakeholder engagement.
Did I answer your question(s)? If not, please see the About Us FAQs section for more information.