What I do
Breathe life into business-bland copy.
Make complex subjects clear and compelling.
Deliver quality products on time and on budget.
Top 3 reasons
I am a copywriter-editor-strategist
Every mandate comes with individual challenges and requirements. In a single day, I draw on different skill sets. The variety keeps me sharp and motivates me in my work for clients.
By listening to my clients, I learn a lot about their needs and their businesses. This knowledge helps me ask right questions. I save them time and deliver greater value. But here is the main reason.
Most satisfying for me? Being the go-to resource for these busy professionals. They trust me to take on what they need done with ease. Having been in their role, I know what that means.
Our working relationship has extended over several mandates at different companies. Alison always delivers a quality product on time and on budget. I truly appreciate her precision and attention to detail. Julie Masse
Let's talk about your new project.Drop me a line anytime to discuss your needs.
A brief introduction
Operating as Communications Nemesis Inc., I am proud to carry forward the communications firm founded by Luc Desaulniers in 1986, and whose clients have included the Canadian Olympic Committee, Pricewatershousecoopers, Quebecor, RodeoFX, and the World Anti-Doping Agency. 2017 marks my eighth year as a freelance consultant specializing in writing, editing, editorial strategy, and brand-makeovers. This unique, powerful expertise provides my clients with a convenient ‘one-stop creative shop.’ Learn more about why we should work together.
Frequently asked questions
Do you charge hourly rates or provide project estimates?
Both. Depending on the project, I usually use an hourly rate for small, straight-forward mandates (under 5 hours) and use a blended rate for projects over 5 hours as these often require a combination of services.
After I contact you, what are the next steps?
- You can call me directly at 450.969.3732, or use my contact form, which includes an area to provide high-level details on your request.
- Once we connect either by phone or e-mail, I will send you a project brief that includes the info you provided, along with additional questions for a deeper dive. My response time is between 24 to 48 hours.
- The more complete the brief, the quicker the turnaround on my estimate. If something is unclear, I will get back to you immediately to ensure minimal delay.
- Once a client accepts my estimate, I require a 50% deposit, with the balance due on project completion.
- We then determine a date and time for a ‘project launch’ call.
- Next steps depend on the nature of the project.
- At project conclusion, I send my clients a short form for feedback and a testimonial.
What if I need other services, like photography or graphic design?
Great question! I maintain a network of professionals with expertise in a wide variety of areas, including:
- brand and reputation management
- graphic design
- public relations
- revision/translation (English<-> French)
- stakeholder engagement.
Did I answer your question(s)? If not, please see the About Us FAQs section for more information.